Capital District Patriot Flight
Respect, Honor & Memories – A Trip of a Lifetime
Flying to DC is our Mission, honoring the Veterans is our Passion.
Patriot Flight Inc., is the recognized Capital Region Chapter of the National Honor Flight Network serving 7 counties in NY including Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Saratoga, Greene, Washington, and Columbia Counties
NEXT MISSION: Fall 2019
- Veterans & Guardians receive a memorable Send Off Ceremony to start the day. They receive a Patriot Flight Shirt, a one hour flight to Baltimore, bus ride, name tags, lunch, dinner, and snacks. To remember and conclude the day, the Veterans receive a special gift at the Airport when they return.
- The day’s itinerary includes visits to the War Memorials and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- We document your trip; offer a safe, memorable experience, medical personnel available.
- Veteran and Guardian Applications are required and available on our Applications page @ Patriotflight.org
- Mail applications to Patriot Flight, PO Box 13776
Albany, NY 12212-3779 or scan to emails below.
- Contact – Bruce 518-795-0665 firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Ned 518-857-8881 email@example.com
- Eligible Veterans – Any Active Duty Veteran from WW II through Vietnam (May 1975)
- Veterans & Guardians are notified by email and/or phone 4-5 weeks prior to the Flight date. Please
complete an application as soon as possible, the flight log fills up quick.
Veterans & Guardians – Flight Protocols
- We encourage Veteran family members or friends to apply as their Guardian. If a spouse is capable of fully assisting the Veteran (including pushing a wheel chair then spouses are considered). We will take two Widows of Veterans using age and lottery as the criteria. (Widows go as a Veteran at no cost)
- The Veteran’s trip is free of charge. Guardians fee of $380.00 (paid in advance, refundable).
- Veterans who have been on a previous Flight are not allowed. However, we allow WW II Veterans who have not taken a trip in 2 years to attend a second time. The WW II Veterans will pay a half fee ($190).
- Veterans are not required to provide Guardians. We do have guardians for companionship and to keep the Veteran on schedule for the day. In some cases there maybe two Veterans to one Guardian.
- Guardians may submit an application individually without being associated with a Veteran. All applications are kept for future flights.
- Guardian selections are the sole responsibility of Patriot Flight.
Volunteers and Donations are Appreciated, Thank You
- If you have fund raising events, please let us know. We support those who support us.
- We have large number of contacts via email, Web and Capital District Patriot Flight Facebook.
- Donations appreciated. Payable to Patriot Flight, Inc, PO Box 13776
Albany, NY 12212-3779.
- Patriot Flight Inc. is all volunteer and a Federal Non Profit Corporation, 501(c) (3). Thank You
Volunteers are always Welcome
- Help us raise funds to honor and give our Veterans on the Trip of a Lifetime.
- If you have fund raising events, we support those who support us
- We have large number of contacts via email, web and facebook
How You Can Help
- Please send donations and make check payable Patriot Flight, Inc,
PO Box 13776 Albany, NY 12212-3779
- Patriot Flight Inc. is a Federal Non Profit Corporation, 501(c) (3).
- www. Patriotflight.com
- President: Bruce Mendini: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 518-439-9265
- Social Media Coordinator: Sean S. Lyons: email@example.com